Background Music Strategy
10 Minute Read
Guide to Choosing the Best Music Streaming Service for Your Business
by SiriusXM Music for Business
The benefits of playing music in your business are well documented. Music for business can boost customer purchases and improve employee productivity. But how do you choose the best music streaming service for business?
This article will review the top tips for evaluating business music services. We’ll also examine why people choose music for business use and what streaming music costs.
Why Playing Background Music in Your Business Matters
Numerous studies have demonstrated the advantages of playing music for business use across various industries. Research shows that carefully curated music in restaurants can boost sales. Other studies have also found that uptempo music can increase table turnover.
Music in medical offices can also decrease patients’ anxiety and improve their sense of privacy.
A business music service can provide an array of benefits, regardless of industry.
6 Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Music Streaming Service for Business
A thorough comparison of the various platforms is essential to selecting the best music streaming service for business. You’ll want to carefully review the features offered by each. As you evaluate your options, ask yourself the following questions.
1. Is the Music Licensed?
In searching for the best music streaming for business, you may think about using your personal music subscription. This is never a good idea because it violates copyright law and can result in thousands of dollars in fines. Legitimate music for business use will include all the licensing rights for the tunes you want to play.
2. Is the Music Ad-Free?When looking for the best music streaming for your business, you may consider playing various radio stations. This option is less than ideal because annoying ads and DJ interruptions can reduce the benefits of playing music for business use. Plus, you never know if some content will offend your customers. Another problem with playing the radio is that it also can violate copyright law. Besides the radio, some free services also offer ad-supported music streaming. Again, these ads can detract from the advantages of playing music for business use.
3. How Large is the Music Catalog?
The best music streaming service for business will offer a wide range of playlists. You want a broad array of choices to ensure you play the appropriate music for your business. SiriusXM Music for Business, for instance, provides access to 200+ SiriusXM stations and over 10,000 Pandora artists.
4. Are You Locked Into a Specific Type of Hardware?
The best business music service will let you stream music on the device of your choice. For example, you can play SiriusXM Music for Business on satellite radio or a wide range of devices, like a smartphone, personal computer, Sonos speaker, dedicated streaming player or connected devices like Apple TV or Amazon.
5. Can You Play Music in Different Zones or Locations?
If your business has multiple locations, you’ll want a business music service that can play at all your sites. Even if you have just one location, you may want to play different music in different parts of your facility. The best music streaming service for business will let you play music where you want.
6. Can You Select Music Based on the Time of Day?
Some businesses wish to play different types of music at different times of the day. Restaurants, for instance, may want slower music for breakfast time and more upbeat choices after hours. The best music streaming for business lets you play the music you want when you want.